Thursday, January 27, 2011

Addictions....Gotta have em!

Well, I guess it's true!  If you're not addicted to one thing, then you're addicted to another!

Mine....well....they are varied....and I guess I've got four.  But these four are better to have than drugs, booze, and other common ones :)

#1

Chooks!  Notice the rooster in the back of the pic (see prev blogs).  He's moved in well and WE"RE YET TO HEAR A CROW!  Talk about lucky (me that is).  I can imagine I wouldn'tve heard the end of his addition if he was good .. or bad??... at crowing.  You see, mum liked chooks.  She always wanted to have her own poultry farm!  I must've got a bit of that...I have them sit on my lap, lay eggs in my hand (and no i don't follow them round with my hand under their backside either) but I must confess, I have tried to fix a chook with haemorrhoids!  Anyway, I MUST like chooks!

#2 Addiction....
I Gotta have it!  The caffeine fix every morning.  Well, twice!  I have one here, then I get another on my way to work @ Playfish.  This cute little coffee shop in the back streets of Devonport.  With mismatched tables and chairs, retro canvas' on the walls, jazz music playing.  He remembers your name and your coffee....makes it JUST how you like it!  The same people in there every morning and we all join in conversation together.  They're just like family now!  If you've been here to visit us, I would've taken you on a coffee run there!  MMM coffee!
#3 & #4

Okay, Clints addiction is mowing....but him and that little curly top on his lap are mine!  From the scars on his belly and arms, to his (can i say this) monobrow, his crooked grin, right down to the wedding band on his finger!  He's #3.  And that little wee body....those little "mumma's" that are called from her bed each morning, to the grotty fingerprints she leaves on the windows from pointing out to the cows.....the scar under her little nose to being greeted (this afternoon) with a "bottle, snuggle, and cuddles on couch with mumma" instead of a hello.....well she's my #4! 

I could be addicted to anything in the world....but I think Í'll stick with these ones.  There's really only one that could get me in trouble....thats coffee....I'd drink it until my heart popped.....but then again, I love until my heart bursts....

As for the haemorrhoidal (if thats a word) chook......apparently, i'm not a vet! :)  I'm sure you can guess the rest without me painting the WHOLE picture!

Till next time....

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment