Thursday, January 20, 2011

Well....Lifes Journey so far...

Our humble abode....we bought this place when we moved back to tassie (second time around) in 2007.  It was just Clint and I, Rusty, Rambo & Topaz (my three dogs), GT (cat) and Zac (bird).  It's changed a bit since then.  Brielle came along.  GT, Rusty and Zac have died.  We've had 5 lambs since then, and 4 cows (two which we bred).  And we have also got another cat Patch.  Along with a bunch of chooks....and a rooster which only arrived today (which clint doesn't know about just yet - i'll wait till her hears him crow).  So that's it - the pic was taken last week just as the water started to subside.  It would've had to rise another 5 metres at least before it really affected us - but i've still got some fencing to replace and lots of debris to pull off the fence. 

Workwise, I'm currently working at Purple House Natural Therapies (http://www.purplehousenaturaltherapies.com.au/) so check it out and let me know if you want some help on some health issues (physical or emotional) and i'll see what info/advice I can track down.  Well, i'm there 4 days a week, so the other day is a "me day".  Be it - usually filled with housework, grocery shopping, gardening, washing etc but occasionally I get to do some craft.  Leading on to....

My latest projects - some of you may've seen the "pass it forward" that was making its way around on facebook.  The first 5 people to comment on the status were to receive something handmade from that person during 2011.  So, my first off the hook was my sister Ains.  This is what I made her....
I'm still yet to post it yet.  My project prior to this was a chair and footstool for clint for christmas, reupholstered in recycled denim.  Pretty happy with how that turned out too.  My last sewing episodes were really a skirt for both me and brielle, then altered a few old ones of mine which were no longer a good fit, so I added some embellishments etc to them too.  Scrapbooking, well, really the last i've done with scrapbooking was prior to brielle coming along so quite out of touch there.  Once our house extensions are complete, I plan on starting our monthly craft evenings again.  (Fingers crossed).  Anyway, I better attach this chair pic, and then be off and organise my scrapbooking desk (it got moved when the sewing was full on).  Got the new CD player for my craft room (1/8 of clints shed) so now that'll keep me entertained while I get busy....trying to think of a story for clint on how this rooster ever found his way here.....HELP!!! :)  (the things I do for babies)

Enjoy it....next time i'll post with a picture of my craft room....where it all happens....oh - and something "fresh" for Leigh (champion)....

Till next time.....keep ya chin up
Lissa


No comments:

Post a Comment